Friday 7 December 2012

Some trivial Success!

SUCCESS!!!
 
Now I know you're not going to be as excited as
I am about the following picture,
but if you knew how long I've been trying to grow tomatoes and are a gardener yourself, maybe you can understand.
 
Even though we are in the warmest season, it's just a bit too cold and windy where I live for my tomato plants to survive outside. So, I have them next to the glass doors of our little terrace.  Bringing them inside creates a problem with pollination.  I read on the internet that the vibration of a sonicare toothbrush can mimic the vibration of a bee collecting pollen.  Sure enough, I ran my sonicare toothbrush against the stem by the flowers and the pollen came falling out onto my hand, then I just spread it to the other flowers. 

VIOLA!!  Finally ...We have tomatoes!!!!

Just a trivial fact for the day!
 
 
 
* * * * *
Another update on the pioneer work.
 
Baptism
 
 
 
 
Last Sunday evening we had a baptism service.  Here are some of the young people that were baptized that day.
 
Afterwards of course we had some eats!! And I was surprised to find some little helpers in the kitchen.
 
 
 
 
Here we are again,..this time learning some English.


The beautiful Andes.
I still can't believe I live here.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment