Thursday 27 December 2012

Nostalgia

In Cuenca we are blessed to have every modern convenience, but it is not unusual for the power to fail any given day for hours, at least in my neighborhood.  Today was one of those days.
 
So today, after spending some time reading I wanted to have a good morning cup of coffee. Now before I continue I have to tell you this. 

Ever since I can remember I have always tried to be prepared for emergencies, big or small.  I once won a contest for the most items in a purse.  Things like... scissors, thread, wipes, safety pin, needles, Band Aids, antiseptic, tissue, pens, candy, cough drops, tweezers, tape, bible, lotion, bobby pins, rubberband, toothbrush, paper clip, lip balm, comb, mirror, Swiss Army Knife,  matches, pliers, wire stripper, calendar, collapsible cup, shoe string, phone and an occasional change of clothes for my youngins. (when they were waay small of course)...
I think you get my drift.

So when the occasion came to make coffee on my propane stove.  I was prepared.  It just so happened that one of the important things on my list to bring to Ecuador was my old time coffee percolater....



So I had my morning coffee, but that got me thinking about all the little reminders here of time past....things like:
 
Milk glass coffee cups....
which I used for my fresh perked coffee.
 
A Ford F-150
(I don't know what year, but maybe you can call it)
 
 
Volkswagon Beetle
 
I don't know who that Pilsner guy is but, he sure gets around.
 
 
How is this for a nostalgic news flash:
This past week it has been announced that
Minimum Wage is now $318.00 per month.
 
 
Do  you remember driving up to the gas station and someone was there to wash your windows, check the oil, check the air pressure in your tires and then put gas in the tank!
Here we are again with the original Service Station.
 
 
A home-made cotton candy machine.
 
 
I've started a  new Page to the right which is called
TIME TRAVEL
There is where you will find all the nostalgic pictures
in one place as I come across them. 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment