Friday 16 November 2012

Random days in Ecuador and Forest

Some more of the people in the growing church. 
Someday I'll get most everyone in one picture!!!
 
* * * * * *
 
 
Many people come to Cuenca in the last couple of days in October for
The Festival del Artes. 
It is the best time to purchase art or crafts from Eucador or Peru.
No pictures for this one, just information.


Isn't this just beautiful.
It is just across the street from the complex I live in.


If you recognize this picture, you are right.  It is NOT Eucador. 
This is Soda Dam in the Jemez area, New Mexico, the USA. 
Taken by my son, Antonio. 
New Mexico has it's own beauty!  And, I like this picture.


* * * * * *

A lovely young lady from our church.  She is wearing the traditional dress
from the area she is from, south of us, the city of Loja.
Her name is Yurac which is a Quichua name. 
 Her entire name in Quichua (which I don't have all the spelling for)
 means White Flower Eagle.
She reminds me of another lovely young lady in our Albuquerque church named Gwen
who would occasionally come to church in the traditional Navajo dress.

 

* * * * * * *

Photos of an art display
that lasted through the month of August here in Cuenca.


 
 
 
This next pastel is my attempt to capture a view of the park alongside the Yanuncay river.
There are eucalyptus trees and flowering plants, wooden bridges and many paths.
  
 
 
I think I will call this one "Eucalyptus Forest".
 

No comments:

Post a Comment