Thursday 18 October 2012

I Love the Rain! and Seascape

It's been raining steadily for the past two days, so now we are entering into the rainy season.  The night before last we had a big lighting storm and lost electric power in our section of the city for about and hour and half. We had a wonderful view of the lights in the sky and watched as the city seemed to magically disappear into the night.

It's a beautiful sight to behold a raging river and from our window I can just see the Yanuncay threatening to overflow its banks.
 
Oh, how I love the rain...

Some days when the river is high, fishermen will be seen casting their nets into the water.



It seems that over the last forty years or so, I kept saying "Someday I'm going to get serious about my art." But, that someday never came.  It took leaving the country for me to finally make use of the time to try and let that art come out of me.  This is a first attempt in pastels.  Imagine that.  A piece of chalk.
It practically creates itself.
I know I have a long way to go, but it's a start.

 
 
 
 I get some instruction at a little school close to my house a few hours a week. 

I think now is a good time my let my family know,...
I miss you, and I love you!!!!

And to our friends,..the same.

If ever you're feeling down,..
Remember there is someone thinking of you and praying for you in some far away place.

* * *


 

No comments:

Post a Comment