Wednesday 28 March 2012

Do I really live here?















Does this really look like us? I'll have to thank the guy for shaving off some weight! We had this made during one of the many festivals.



Finally found a place to settle in.  The view is not too great, but it is temporary.  I'm just happy to have a place to call home.  At this point we had moved seven times.  One more move is planned.  Just waiting for availability in May. 

A view of our street, Primero de Mayo.
Unfurnished here, means an empty shell, though  this place does have a stove top. There is no room for a stove with an oven, so I get a microwave.  Now I just have to learn how to really use it.    Augghh,!!! all the instructions are in Spanish.  I don't think a half a semester in Junior High School is gonna cut it.  Thanks to the internet, I downloaded enough info in English.  

The most important button here is the Palomitas button.  Popcorn.  Popcorn is served with your meals in restaurants just as chips or bread might be served in the States.  We eat alot of popcorn.

This will have to be my garden for now.  But, if miss a garden too much, I just have to wander outside and take a little walk.




Across the street from our apartment building. Beautiful. For a girl from a dry southwest, this is amazing.  I could compare it to northern New Mexico somewhat.  Imagine greener and perfect temperature all year long.  Living on the equator sure does have some advantages!