Wednesday 15 February 2012

Introducing Cuenca



The country has a holiday its seems every couple of months. We landed right into this one a month or so before Christmas. This is the square in the center of old Cuenca.


This is good. Fried banana chips (not really banana, but I've forgotten the name), onions, toasted corn, limon, and tomato in some type of liquid sauce.

We seemed to run into these kiddos where ever we went the first few weeks after our arrival. We walked everywhere and so did they.


Welcome!

Hello and welcome to Living in the Andes
Since this is my first experience with 'blogging', it might seem a little clumsy, so please have patience. 

This is my little window to the world through our experiences in the city of Cuenca, Ecuador.

We landed here in Cuenca at the end of September 2011. The first couple of months for me were just total confusion!  But I am happy to report that has changed, now I am just a little confused.  Fortunately, my well traveled friend Erin, advised me to google earth to find out where I am. (That's priceless Chica, thanks).  You can check out her blogspot at ' theitalianguyandi '.
Ecuador is a photographer's paradise, so colorful with beautiful mountains and rivers, fantastic and unusual flowers.  The people are friendly and colorful too.  I'll try to capture that for you.

Here we go!!

Our first impression of Cuenca, the airport.  We have many memories there as our lugguage did not arrive when we did.  Our new friend, Angel, was a blessing to us (no pun intended).  He kept an eye out for our bags as they straggled in.  After about three months, all had arrived.




No comments:

Post a Comment