Saturday 31 March 2012

MOTORCROSS!

On April 1st.   After lunch we take a short drive to the outskirts of the city searching for the auto emissions place and stumble across this racetrack.  We make our way down and watch for a bit.  I got some great shots. 
Flying with no wings! De verdad!..No foolin!





I'd never been to a motorcross race before.   The whole thing lasted less than an hour.
I told you it is a photographer's paradise!



In the future, I'll be adding picts to this site on the "doors", and the "flor" of Ecuador. (sorry, I just couldn't resist the corny ryhming).  This is a sneak preview of what you will see.  It is amazing.


Every now and then, I need to remind all my family and friends.
I MISS YOU and love you. So here is my shout out for today. Expect reminders and shout outs, OK. Also, keep sending picts and videos. I love it.

Although my friend Cathy in Covina thinks I am just here attending festivals. LOL We are moving forward with getting the Church established. Pastor gives evening bible studies in our home in Spanish and I do more bible studies with the ladies during the week. We've put the word out we are looking for a place for the church and spend alot time scouring the city and looking at buildings.

There are lots of locations with very small areas but not many with large.  Buildings here grow up, not out, so there are usually lots of stairs to climb.

Here are some picts of the great folks helping us and coming to bible studies. Of course, we must always make time for some cusine.
Everyone is patient with our Spanish. We just help each other out.

Top left and center is home bible study, bottom left is ladies' study.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post, glad you are blogging too! You know you can eat that banana flower. Chau Chica

    ReplyDelete