Wednesday 30 October 2013

Cotopaxi

Whenever I feel blue,...I start breathing again...



So sorry I've been gone for so long.  I wanted to have to something unique to show you this time around and I think I've stumbled on just the thing! 
We had to fly to Quito, the capital city of Ecuador, to work on our visas.  They are still in the process but hopefully we will have them within a week.  While we were in Quito, my hubby's IPhone was lifted.  I think Quito is the IPhone robbery capital also!!!!

Anyway for the wonderfully unique portion of this post.....

Imagine looking out the window of your airplane and seeing this!  I'm glad I didn't sleep through it!

COTOPAXI


This was taken with my husband's IPhone thru a dirty window from the airplane.  I was amazed it came out this good. 
 
A little information
 
Cotopaxi is a stratovolcano in the Andes Mountains, located about 28 km south of Quito, Ecuador, South America. It is the second highest summit in the country, reaching a height of 5,897 m and is one of the highest active volcanoes in the world.
Since 1738, Cotopaxi has erupted more than 50 times, resulting in the creation of numerous valleys formed by lahars (mudflows) around the volcano.
 
Another view....  There is a little sister peak to the left, but I don't know what it is...yet.
 
Now wasn't that worth waiting for?
 
 
 
While we were walking back and forth to the minsterio de relaciones exteriores we came across an iglesia called Belen.  I am always amazed at the architecture of the churches here.  The two towers looked like skeleton towers to me.  I can only imagine what the inside looks like.  We didn't even think to peek inside, we were just preoccupied with getting our paperwork done.  Oh well, next time maybe.
 

 



I decided to include a photo of myself, for proof that I was there, since I am usually behind the camera, not in front of it!


We are heading into fiesta time here in Cuenca.  This weekend in October is the festival of the arts so the city will be buzzing with people.  I hope to have more updates soon.  I miss you all and constantly keep you in prayer.  Until next time, 
caio




No comments:

Post a Comment