Saturday 9 February 2013

Raging Yunancay River and "El Gallo"

"El Gallo"
 
My latest pastel is of a pretty little rooster I spotted at the Coopera farm and resturant in San Joaquin.  By now, he might of already been someone's lunch, but here he is to stay on paper. 
He gave me one other fantastic pose that I will be working in the near future.
 
 
 
 
Raging Yunancay
 
It's been raining most of the week and the Yunancay has overflowed it's banks this morning. 
It's a sight to see and hear.  Too bad the pictures cannot convey the full experience.   
We live close to the fire department so to hear the sound of the sirens is a daily experience. 
 We've read that many of the calls come in because someone has fallen into the river. 

 
I'm not the only one taking pictures.
 
It's still raining.
 

When the river is high, that's when the nets come out.



Some closer shots..

 
 
 
 * * * * * * * *
 
 
NATURE'S COTTON CANDY
 
I've always wondered what was in the big green pods, so we finally bought one for 50cents.
 
 
Once you break apart the pod, inside the seeds are surrounded by a furry white blanket. 
Between the seed and the blanket is a sweet gooey film. So you eat the little blanket with sweet stuff. 
  It's good, but too much work for me.....
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment