Saturday 29 September 2012

Guayaquil

There was a small crowd of people watching a wrestling match on a television screen facing the street in Guayaquil.  This woman caught my eye and I could not resist taking this photo adding to my collection of......

'FACES of ECUADOR'



Coming down off the mountains on the road to Guayaquil takes you to a whole different climate.  There are banana groves and all manner of fruit.  There was one small tree or large bush with pods hanging off of it that I just couldn't figure out.


This is the Cacao plant, where our chocolate comes from!  When the pods turn a yellow color then they are ready to be harvested.  I buy the dark bitter chocolate here and put a bit in my coffee.  That along with eating flaxseed and grapefruits has helped my cholesterol numbers to drop about 30 points.  Now I'm not sure which one has done it but something is working....(When you get to my age you start talking about cholesterol numbers,,,hope I'm not boring you too much)

TAXI ANYONE?
 
 
 
 
 See the bananas growing with the neat green plastic bags over them.  I wonder how they get the bags to grow over them like that?


The best way to store a pineapple is hanging upside down to get at all the sweetness.
These are SOOO DELICIOUS.


Finally we arrive in Guayaquil!
First thing on the agenda after checking in at the hostel.
Street preaching and prayer in the park.
 

 
Oh and I can't forget the Iguanas. Even though we've been to this city a few times, it took Pastor Jesus to lead us to the Iguana park.  We probably walked past it a dozen times and never even noticed it. They are all over the place and have a favorite tree where they hang around like ornaments.
 
Waiting in line for a vegetable and fruit drink next to the hostel. 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment