Thursday 8 August 2013

Coming home and Changes



FRIENDS COME IN ALL SHAPES AND SIZES
 
The road from Guayaquil to Cuenca.
 

I can't believe the month of July flew by so fast.  A couple of weeks in New Mexico and a week in Arizona for conference explains it all. 

When we landed in Albuquerque the first thing we ate was......
You guessed it.   Green Chile! 

I was so happy to spend time with family and friends. 
I just wish I would of had more time to see everyone that I wanted to visit with.  Nevertheless, we came back refreshed and excited to see what these next couple of years will bring.
 
 
Upon arriving in our city,
we find out about the new addition to the church family, a baby girl.
Her parents name her Genesis.
* * * * * *

August will be just as crazy busy because necessary paperwork is up for renewal in addition to revival meetings that are planned for the church. 
I'll post more photos after that week is over, hopefully.
 

Oh, and yes.... Salutations to my friend Corinne!  
See there,  I didn't forget!
 
 


Important first things on the agenda, a visit to the barber.  
Doesn't this little shop just take you back 40 years.  If you are too young to remember 40 years back, trust me this is what it looked like.
 
 
Oh and who is that handsome young man!  Our youngest son was able to spend a week here.  So he is experiencing time travel with us! I'm so happy at least one of my kids was able to visit!

Hum,  two pairs of alien eyes.
 
 
 
Grilled bananas!  Um, Um good.
 
 Experiencing CHUZOS at the roadside drive up.
   
 * *  *  * *
 
We dropped off our son in Guayaquil to catch his plane and received a phone call from one of the sisters in the church as we are driving back home to Cuenca.  She is in labor.  Can we get to the hospital soon? There are some complications.
We get to the hospital and catch up with her just as she is being wheeled into the operation room.
Long story short, momma and baby Benjamin are doing well.
That makes two new babies to the church family.
 
- - - - - - - - - - - -
 
 
 
This is another reason I don't drive in Ecuador. 
 
He came up from behind us and mind you, by the time I snapped this picture he had already gained some altitude !  Now I understand why crop dusting is one of the most dangerous occupations.
 
In addition to all the craziness of travel, we are in store for another  surprise. Our landlord informs us she is selling her apartment, the one we are living in.  So, the search for another place begins.
Let's see,..... that makes moving time number 8 or 9,
 
Talk about timing.
It just so happens that a place opens up 5 floors down. It takes us a week to find the place and move.  I shouldn't even say "us" because my husband did all the work.
 
 
Now I had been secretly pinning away these past few months for the feel of dirt beneath my feet and wanting to be able to just step outside to my own little garden.  Well, I don't exactly have a real yard now but I think this is better! A real patio!  I can't believe it!
 




The humming birds love the flowering bushes. There is also a separate little herb garden.
I got so much joy out of transplanting a bush and coming across a huge worm.  He was about 8 inches long.  I literally squealed with delight.  I grabbed that squirming little sucker to show him off to my hubby who thought I was holding a small snake.  He wonders what in the world am I doing!
 
* * *
It's time to get ready for our trip tomorrow, the three hour drive to Guayaquil to pick up Pastor Amado and wife Lucy from the airport. 
Breakfast burritos, here we come.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment